QT Float(tm) Screen Saver for Windows 95, 98 and NT
Copyright ©1998 By Mark Fleming and its licensors.
Minimum System Requirements:
- QuickTime 3 or later (available online or
QuickTime Pro V3.02 is bundled with the Images of the World Vol #1 CD-ROM).
- Color Monitor with 256 colors or better
- 1MB of free memory (depends on Monitor color depth and size of images being displayed).
This module shows a single image or Movie or a series of images and/or QuickTime movies from a folder, on the screen.
Installation instructions for Windows:
- Copy the screen saver module (QT Float.SCR) from the CD-ROM into the "Windows" directory on the "C" drive.
- Under the "View" menu, drag down to "Refresh".
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select "Properties".
- Click the "Screen Saver" tab, then select the screen saver module, QT FLOAT, from the list (if it does not appear, make sure you have completed step #2).
- Click the "Settings" button to configure, then select the image file or QuickTime movie to float around the screen.
It is still possible to installed, but not use this screen saver if QuickTime 3 Missing.
The about setting windows indicate QuickTime 3 is missing.
The following is the settings dialog that is displayed when QuickTime (QT) is installed.
Change Rate control number of seconds (1 - 120sec) between Text Message changes and
Image changes, if the Scan Directory option is checked. Movies change once they finish.
Drift Speed is the speed the image or movie drifts across the screen. On slow CPU this speed is limited by the speed of the CPU.
The Center button, if checked center all images and movies. Images are scaled down to fit the screen, if needed.
The Text Messages Format button control the font and color of the font.
The font Style is ignored and the Size is used, but the size will be scaled down if needed to fit the text in the screen.
View the lists of Words and Phrases for these text message options.
To hide all text uncheck Show option.
- (Optional) Click "Preview".
Supported Image and Movie Formats:
The following still image formats are supported for reading the images:
QuickTime v2.5 supports:
GIF, PhotoShop 2.5/3.0/4.0, SGI .rgb, MacPaint,
QuickTime, PICT and
QuickTime v3.0 also adds support for:
Progressive JPEG, PNG, TIFF, TARGA, QuickDraw GX (if installed),
Only QuickTime Movie formats is supported.
A special verison of this module is available, for advertizement including your a company logo in the top left of the screen.
Contact us to license this module with your company logo in the Screen Saver (also
available for MacOS - QT Float with the same features).
Licenced version can also include your custom word list and phrase list, and custom imbedded images.
Company logo and picture must be in Macintosh PICT, BMP or Photoshop (.PSD, 72dpi) format. We can preset and hide any user setup option as needed.
Feedback and new feature requests are welcome.
Look for enhanced versions to include message editing and more image display features.
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the Images of the World Introduction ||
MacOS Tips || Windows Tips ||
File:ScreenSaverWin.html, Last updated:29 Dec 1998